Thursday, March 12, 2015

skinny, HEALTHY and all of the in between

     One of my goals for my magazine, as mentioned in the previous article, is to change peoples perspective on what being healthy means. Societies perception on having a healthy lifestyle is false. Media praises the rail thin, teaching teenagers and even some adults that to be healthy means to not eat when hungry or go on diets. The difference between the Fast Metabolism Diet and normal diets is that on the FMD you actually eat. Like anything on the phase food list. On one of the days, I had chocolate cake! 
    After getting advice from classmates, I am going to write a health magazine targeted towards women. However, in the magazine there will be a section ABOUT men; not TARGETED for men. For example, an article might be about sports, or about creating drinks for a specific holiday. I understand that by targeting both sexes and of most ages is very unrealistic. I also was thinking about putting food as the cover photo. By putting food instead of a person working out, it becomes less gender specific. Even though I am targeting women, I still want to have some male readers and influence them just as much as women.

Turner, N. (2013, September 26). Are you skinny fat? The difference between thin and healthy. Retrieved March 11, 2015, from http://www.chatelaine.com/health/wellness/are-you-skinny-fat-tips-to-maintain-muscle-and-boost-fat-loss/

No comments:

Post a Comment