Thursday, March 5, 2015

Just the Beginning

     This is a beginning of me creating my health magazine. My magazine. My creation. I want this magazine to represent the healthy lifestyle I live and I want to live. I want to to talk give relationship advise, and best foods to eat when…. I want to motivate and show that you can be healthy and fit AND still have fun. I want my magazine to correlate to my future job: either a doctor, nutritionist, or an athletic trainer on pro/college sports.
     Since the day Mrs.Stoklosa asked my class whether we wanted to do a magazine or opening to a film, my heart was set on a magazine. A health magazine to be exact. I started to create my dream magazine in my head. MY magazine would have a physically fit person on the cover, a bold red masthead, and my main article would be about a diet. Recently, it had become the time to actually start working on the project. I excitedly searched the first item on my list: how to pick the perfect brand name. An article by Fast Money helped me brainstorm title names. As of a couple days ago, I had nine titles.
Whole
Whole Health
Strong
Active
Fit
Fresh
Healthful
Beneficial
Trained
Healthy Living
     But, David Placek, Lexicon's founder and CEO, and my group from todays meeting (Max and Laura) helped me scratch out some titles. Scratched out Strong and Active because it sounded to much like a exercise magazine and not a mind, body, spirit magazine.  Scratched out Fit and Healthy Living because there is already a fitness magazine called Fit. And scratched out Beneficial because I believe no one would understand what the magazine was about without seeing the cover. Today, I have five titles and hopefully by tomorrow I will have chosen the perfect title.
     I have started brainstorming some titles for the articles I want on the cover page and or table of contents. I have 7 subtopics: relationships, fitness, food, weight loss, beauty, style, and life.  I also thought about some topics that would be in every edition like This vs. That, Weight Loss Winner, and a motivation page. I was thinking about making the motivation page a two page spread that on one-side had inspirational quotes readers said and on the other page put pictures of the readers. For example, a Instagram picture of a girl doing warrior three (name of a yoga pose) on a mountain. I think that by adding this page it will show readers that being active is more enjoyable then being a coach potato. It allow provides audiences with examples of how to have fun while being healthy. I want this page to get encourage people to get up and start moving!

Heath, D., & Heath, C. (2011, January 3). How to Pick the Perfect Brand Name. Retrieved March 5, 2015, from http://www.fastcompany.com/1702256/how-pick-perfect-brand-name

No comments:

Post a Comment