Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Fast Metabolism Diet

     For my article, I am writing about the Fast Metabolism Diet. I understand that putting a diet in a health magazine thats goal is to promote health and beauty within ones self is controversial, but this diet doesn't only take off as much weight as you want, it transforms you into a happy and glowing you. Before I describe what I want my layout to look like and information to be, I am going to example the diet.
     The Fast Metabolism Diet is a 4 week diet created by Haylie Pomroy. In her book The Fast Metabolism Diet, Pomroy makes it very clear that she makes the rules and that her 'clients' (real life clients as well as readers) follow them. There are no ifs, and or buts! Pomroy separates each week into phases. Phase 1 is 2 days, Phase 2 is 2 days and Phase 3 is three days. On each day, their are certain foods one can and cannot eat. Phase 1 is mostly carbohydrates and fruit, Phase 2 is mostly protein and vegetables, and Phase 3 is healthy fats and all of the above. With each meal, comes proportions. Again, proportions are phase specific EXCEPT vegetables. The amount of vegetables on this diet is endless, but they need to be phase specific. In addition to following the specific food list, dieters must phase specific exercises. Phase 1 is running, Phase 2 strength training and Phase 3 calming exercises. Calming exercise includes yoga, meditation, deep breathing, and a massage. As an example, below is the food groups dieters must follow for Phase 1.
    Now that the diet is explained, I can describe what I am going to write about. The majority of the article is going to talk about my personal experience, what I learned completing the diet, advice about the diet and examples. I want to put pictures of Amy participating in the diet. And by participating I mean pictures of her cooking a recipe from the book and her doing phase specific workouts. I feel by having examples and visuals this will encourage the readers of my magazine to genuinely have a desire to become HEALTHY and not THIN or SKINNY. Another goal for my magazine is to promote the difference between being healthy and being thin.

No comments:

Post a Comment